Sunday, December 12, 2010

I have a Brother!!!

November 8, 2010
Thank you so much for the pictures, I'll admit it's so weird, the whole marriage thing is almost like a dream to me, I almost can't believe it I mean seriously...I have a brother...yeah I mean weird. He really does sound like a stud and I can't wait to meet him. Tara and he look so happy in their pictures. Oh and can I just say Londyn...I don't even recognize you, you really have changed so much, Kennady as well, it's blowing my mind.

For the past while my district has struggled a lot. About the only thing on my mind is what I can do to help them catch fire and truly understand their purpose as missionaries, which is to baptize. I'm the kind of person who has a hard time giving constructive criticism and because of that that sometimes I don't call people to repentance no how they work, but something I’ve really thought about is something Elder Perkins of the 70 said. He talked about the mantle of a missionary and he himself said when the mantle is put on his shoulders he becomes a different person. That is something I’ve really had to work on but as president Packer said "failure to give correction when correction is due is to think only of one’s self" this goes with investigators as well as missionaries. I’ve had many times that I’ve had to be very strait forward and let someone know that they need to change. In every case I give correction to missionaries it's surprising to me how strongly I feel the spirit, last night we had a companionship get some very low numbers and I told them it was not acceptable but as we talked about it we were both edified and felt the spirit. It’s so great that I’ve really been receiving help with the things I’m struggling at, the Lord is always there to help us progress and grow.

We are teaching this family right now, the father’s name is "mode". It’s the sweetest family ever; the father is preparing to be baptized on the 28th of this month and a couple weeks after that he will be baptizing his whole family. Every time I go over to their house I’m blown away with the faith and desire I see. This past week they brought their brand new baby and gave it a name at church. It was so powerful, and their testimony was increased so much.
I love you all so much.
Tyrel

No comments:

Post a Comment