Sunday, October 31, 2010

Livin' the Dream

November 1, 2010
This letter is going to be shorter than normal because President Smith clarified some of the mission rules and the whole mission has been taking too much time; meaning the letters from now on will be shorter.

I can't believe Tara is married. I really am so excited for her though. I can't wait to see all the pictures of it.

It’s now winter time here in Thailand and I'll admit some days I freeze to death. The really sad thing is that one day I finally had to know how hot it was so I took a thermometer outside and it said it was 97 degrees. 97 degrees and I’m freezing, what has happened to me I’m freezing in way hot weather. One thing for sure I’m going to die when I get home.

Well I’ve been thinking a lot about when I’m going to come home: whether I come home early for school or stay the whole time and miss a semester of school. In the training we had this past week I wrote down a question and asked the spirit to help me find the answer throughout the training, by the end I decided that I’m going to stay, I won't be coming home early for school. The fact is this mission is the greatest thing ever and I know I’ve got a lot of work still to do before I go home. With all the responsibilities I’ve got right now I feel like I’m learning so much: I plan so much better, work so much harder and the knowledge that my area is supposed to be the example of the district makes me work even harder. I really do feel so blessed with all the Lord has given me, sometimes I can't even believe how good I’ve got it: Greatest Family, greatest mission, funnest language, greatest companion, and to top it all off I’m doing the work of God.

I think I’ve finally hit the point on my mission where ALL mail from EVERYBODY at home has stopped which is a bit sad when the mail comes but in all reality I don't have time to reply anyway. All in all life is good and I’m livin' the dream.

I love you all so much
Tyrel

Ps. I didn't get to see any of the pictures you sent me. The computer doesn’t let me open them. If you attach them to the email then I can see them just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment