Monday, October 18, 2010

Trust in God

October 11, 2010
Hey family,
Just for the record. When Elder Packer got done with his talk on Homosexuality I hardly could keep myself from jumping out of my chair and shouting for joy. The fact is back home you don't see it as much, but over here homosexuality is HUGE and I mean huge. I love when people just throw it down!!! The fact is people who have a problem with it need to learn respect for God and the prophet. The fact is, this is God’s work and getting all offended isn't helping that person in the least, THIS IS GODS WORK and the opinions of man are nothing. there are a lot of people who say "God just gave me the wrong body"...WOW wait a minute, the most all powerful being in the universe who knows everything, and has all power messed up...uhhh I don't think so! This isn't a church of "oops I made a mistake".

On a happier note; Londyn, Happy Birthday! I can’t believe you’re already 15. You can now start to drive...what that's so crazy I can't believe it. I hope you had a great birthday. Love you Londyn.

This past week I had an awesome experience. There is a lady in our ward who is from Burma who said she had a friend she wanted us to teach. We went to her friend’s house with this member and found out they couldn't really speak Thai. I told the member that I would talk and have her translate. We began teaching and after a while they asked a question and the member began to answer in Burmese and I’ll be darned, I understood a lot of it, I mean enough that I knew what she was telling them and understood her concerns. I was understanding Burmese, how crazy is that.

Right now I’m training two greenies. Elder Shipley is still here but a new Thai elder came in and will be with us for a week. Let me tell you what, the stress of training two missionaries is killer. I’m trying to give them equal teaching time, inviting time and still teaching main doctrines, it's a bit of a challenge but a blast. It’s also funny hearing them argue about things trying to use each others language and finally giving up out of frustration. I wish you could see some of it=)

I’ve been thinking a lot about conference and about the main topics that were talked about. I’m very impressed with President Monson's last talk: he only expressed gratitude. I felt it was a perfect ending. The topic "trust in God" was all through everyone’s talks and what a better way to end then thanking him for all the blessings he has granted. Conference is such a different experience when you’re a missionary because your thoughts are always on investigators and what you can do to help them, then when they go to conference you constantly hear the answers to their questions and you pray that somehow they heard it too. When there are things you’re looking for in the different talks it changes how intently you listen to the speakers, and is a great opportunity for personal revelation.

The pictures at the temple and of the family are great I love them. I can't even believe I almost have a brother. And from what I know he sounds like a freakin stallion of a guy, I really can't wait to meet him.

I love you all so much
Tyrel

No comments:

Post a Comment