Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh that I were an angel

June 28, 2010
This week was an exciting one. I guess I’ll start with zone conference. President Smith gave an amazing talk on the Atonement. It was so powerful and inspiring. That’s something I’ve studied so much and still grasp so little of it. I have no Doubt that if people truly understood the Atonement and just what Christ went through and how much it was focused on each and every one of us, people would do everything possible in this life to follow the Savior. It's so hard to see less actives and people I meet on the street every day who really just don't understand what this life is all about, sometimes I feel like Alma when he said "Oh that I were an angel and could have the wish of mine heart...that I might declare repentance with the voice of angels..." I want so badly to show every single person the things they individually chose before this life: Christ, eternal life, heavenly direction. There are sometimes I’m talking to someone and it just kills me inside that they just can't see it. In the book "Our Search for Happiness" Elder Ballard spoke about the word "Remember", this is exactly what I spend every effort doing, helping people remember what they’re here for, who really can help them and where that all can go... when people say this is the greatest work on earth, it truly is. I honestly can’t describe in words how much I love this work and the opportunity I have to give ALL to others and my Father in Heaven.

This week we were in a meeting at the church when a huge explosion went off outside and the whole building shook. After a while we went out to see what happened. Someone had placed a bomb in a building about 50 yards from the church. When it went off there was a big gas tank that exploded with it. There was a huge cloud of fire. It ended up blowing up part of a building and killing some people. When we went to see what happened we found a man who had been in the middle of it all. I’m not going to describe it but he was as close to dead as you could be. The Police finally showed up took care of the man though.

The true test of your language ability is talking to little kids, if they can understand you and you can understand their overly fast speech then your okay. Every Tuesday we teach English at the church. There is a member who teaches the little kids and we usually teach the advanced class. This past week that member wasn’t able to make it so the Zone leaders taught the advanced class and we were given the little kid class. I knew I was in for it when I walked into a room of about 30+ little kids under the age of 12. I went in scared to death. When I walked in and they were running everywhere and talking as loud as they could. To make a long story short Elder Michell and I had one of the greatest times teaching ever. The kids were so funny there were times I couldn't stop laughing. This has been the matter of the mission. I end up doing things that are a bit scary and afterwards I love it to death. I just can't say it enough...I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!!
Well I’m out of time. I love you all
Tyrel
Ps. easy, easy... no dating for another 8 or so months...

No comments:

Post a Comment