Monday, August 9, 2010

Focus on Family

Well as you all know (maybe) it's the hurricane season over here and we've been having the typical hard rains but this week we had the hardest one I’ve ever seen. We were out inviting and I saw a storm coming in, it looked like a heavy one but it we were still going to invite through it. We started talking to a couple people and after a few minutes I looked at the sky and noticed the clouds coming in really fast and very low. My good sense kicked in and we headed for home. We were pretty far away from our bikes so we started walking back. The rain started to fall so hard that it was hard to see and by the time we were back to our bikes the wind was really hard to bike against. We got home as branches started falling of trees. To this day I don't really know what it was but the storm was really strong. It wasn't terribly dangerous but it was a way cool experience.

One of the funnest things that we get every day is people talking behind our backs assuming that we don't know what their saying. A couple days ago we were traveling to the office for interviews when we stopped to eat this scone thing. The man was making our stuff when this other Thai guy came up and started talking about us to the other guy about how the guy should make us wait for our food and stuff. He kept going until it was all I could do not to laugh, I noticed that his zipper was down so I interrupted them while they were talking and told him that his zipper was down. His face was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. He found out we spoke his language and embarrassed him in front of tons of people. Everyone busted up laughing. I wish I had it on video.

As far as a report on the work here; President Smith has changed a lot of how we work here. We are teaching only families now. It’s really great and I love it but it's changed a lot of how we work. We’ve been dropping lots and lots of people but we do have a couple of families that are amazing and are progressing really well. I’ve really began so see even more how much this work focuses on families and how the family environment is so perfect for applying gospel principles.

Well I’m about out of time so I’d better go; I love you all so much

Tyrel

No comments:

Post a Comment