Monday, May 31, 2010

TruSSSSSSt in me

Now that I’m fitting into a 34+ waist and probably still growing, I just don't know how to feel about all that. All I can say is DAD you better have a lot of physical labor waiting for me when I get home because all of my pants back home are 32's (waist) =)

I’m starting to feel like dad a little when he would say "I don't want you to date till your married". Just leave the whole "boy" world alone for another year...not even a year. See I’m not asking too much, am I?

Do you remember before the mission when I would talk about all the crazy animals I was going to see in Thailand? I remember reading about all the snakes they have and about how big they were. (Drum role)...the other day we were coming home from the church so meet a member at our house or something. We were coming down the dirt road by our house surrounded by jungle trees and piles of garbage when all of the sudden, out of the side of my eye I saw something move really fast. Before I could do anything this huge snake, I mean huge (it was dark green and was at least 10 feet long, it was probably about 5-6 inches thick) darted out into the road. I slammed on my brakes and skidded to a stop. As I was stopping the snake came right at my bike and then went right in front of my front bike tire almost hitting it. I have never seen a snake move so fast in my life. I can't even begin to describe how fast that snake was moving, I honestly don't know if I could have outran it. Wow what a scare!

This last week we had the opportunity to go hear Elder Halstrom speak in a place called Konken. What a powerful talk he gave on the language of the spirit, and how it's the one language everyone understands regardless of nationality. After that we had a question and answer with him. I’m telling you he knows so much about this gospel. After we met with him we traveled to Lao to meet with government officials in order to help reduce the persecution of the members there.

While traveling to this conference in Konken we had to take a bus. Little did we know, it was a four day holiday here in Thailand and that people were traveling to see family and go vacationing meaning that the nice busses we usually take were all taken leaving us with another bus that was well, not as nice=) we got on and I quickly realized that there were way to many people then the chairs would accommodate. We got chairs and then people started standing in the hallway of the bus. I knew that if I gave up my seat I would be standing on a bus through part of the night (four hours). I waited for all the guys to get past me and then I gave up my chair to a lady going so see her family. People keep getting on the bus until I didn't think they could fit one more person on it. They had to position us all three times in order to get everyone on. When I say packed I mean PACKED. I could not ever move my feet from side to side without hitting into someone else. I’ll admit it was a long bus ride but I was so glad that I was able to help someone else have a better trip home. I’m so grateful for all that you have taught me about respect and thinking about others. I can honestly say if I was from another family and hadn't had the examples of Dad, Mom and all my sisters I probably wouldn't have given up my seat on that bus.

Samran received the Holy Ghost this week. I can't describe it, but it was a great experience. He went and bought a shirt and tie and the works, so now he looks even more like a stud. I just love that man. I’ll send you pictures soon.

Hey I love you all so much, keep it up
Tyrel

No comments:

Post a Comment