Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Priesthood Power

May 25, 2010
Sorry if the red shirt stuff has been giving anyone stress! It’s been a bit stressful over here too. We’ve been in missionary lock-down a couple times in our houses, but it's all better now. Going out to work this week was a bit different because of all of the mobs, fires, explosions, and such. Don’t be worried here in Korat is a huge military base and there shouldn't be any more problems.

Miracles!!! This week as you have just read has been one of "be careful, and watch yourself" the whole nation was going a bit crazy! I’m sure with the news you’re only hearing the half of it! This place was out of control for a while! But the miracle was that on Friday of this week we had four General authorities (one of which was Elder Oaks) come to Thailand! On the very day they showed up the nation settled right down. There was news of red shirts going all over Thailand blowing up everything, and people were dying everywhere! Elder Oaks showed up and in a meeting with the Bangkok stake he gave an apostolic blessing to Thailand which spoke of peace and unity. That very day things just stopped, there hasn't been any more problems with red shirts. The whole country changed! The gospel isn't just spiritual, when we say the Priesthood is the power of God here on the earth I think we sometimes don't understand. I testify that God has all power and everything is under his care. We were told "if you leave your house past this time you could be shot down" the next day, there are no problems. The priesthood of God is true and is such a blessing to our lives! Oh ps. I hope that all didn't scare you =)

This Sunday Samran was baptized. It’s amazing the feelings you have when you’ve been working with someone for so long and you get to see him change everything in his life in order to fallow the savior. From day one till now you wouldn't even believe it, he's a different person, he's so much happier and knows what he's doing with his life. It’s something indescribable, the feelings that have been going through me the last few days. I can't say it enough. I love this gospel.

I’m sitting here with another Elder named Elder Pieper who is going home in three weeks. We’ve been talking about how weird it is to know you’re leaving. I can honestly say that I honestly don't know how I’m going to do it. I have under a year left in this wonderful country and I won't want to leave it. My goal coming in was; I want to hate life when I leave Thailand. That will be the hardest day but let’s not dwell on that!

I love you all so much, keep it up!
Tyrel

Ps. thanks for the pictures. I’ll try and send you some pretty soon

No comments:

Post a Comment