Tuesday, July 14, 2009

If God is for us, who can be against us?

I want to start out by thanking you for your prayers, i
know they've helped me so much in the last few weeks. it's
amazing, the power of prayer.

Ok so to finish up the story from last week. Obviously I'm
still alive which goes to say that everything is Ok now.
After last weeks email I was thinking a lot about the
events of the past few days, and I was trying to find a way
to help this poor elder who might end up in prison. I
invited him to come to the temple with us. While we were
there we started talking about what had happened and what
we could do to make the situation better. I talked to him
about his relationship with God, and told him that it
doesn't matter what will happen, it's in Gods hands. We
talked for a while longer. We prayed together all of the
time and I was constantly taking him to interviews. The
case went all the way to the First Pres. Finally after a
while we got the news that he was going to be able to
finish his mission. We were so excited to hear it. The
growth that has taken place in this elder during this hard
time is amazing. The Lord worked in mysterious ways.

So this week was a really big one as far as the language.
We had to teach the first lesson for 45 min all in Thai. I
was out of my mind all week with all I had going on but I
had spiritual help, even though the studying didn't happen
because of assignments I had, I still learned all that I
would have otherwise. I went into "the lesson" and asked
the first question, naf92348y8q7 y3498yqpaf...??? I had no
clue what they said back. I'm sure my mouth was wide open and
my eyes must have been huge. So i just said OK, thanks, and
then moved right on. Do you know those promises in the
scriptures that our mouths will be filled if we exercise
faith...It Works. I kept running into dead ends, they keep
asking me questions that were hard to answer but every time
my mouth was filled and I was able to use words that I
really didn't know. "If God is for us, who can be against
us?"

After the teaching appointment we came back to class to find
out that we are leaving to Thailand early, we're supposed
to leave on Aug 10. We've grown faster, and learned more
than a lot of missionaries, I always wondered why, now I
know we were being prepared to leave early. I'm so excited
and still scared out of my mind. All the things I'll be
experiencing: rice, fish and other nasty critters that
aren't meant for human consumption, and I'll have more
experience with those bathrooms =) oh boy!

I'm going to be sending a package in the next few weeks
because I have way to much stuff, the weight limit on the
plane we're traveling on is less then what my mission papers
said, and to think, i was already way over the weight limit.

I'm out of time now, time sure does fly! Please keep me in
your prayers, I know I'll need them. I know God lives, he is
my Father in Heaven who loves each and every one of us more
then we can even know, Jesus Christ is the savior and
redeemer of mankind. Prayer is a true concept, even though
God is an all powerful being, who controls the vast powers of
space, He still has time to listen to the prayer of a child
asking for comfort. I love this gospel I KNOW it is true, I
can't say it enough.

I love you all with all my heart, I pray for you every night.

Elder Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment