Monday, June 14, 2010

Senior

June 14, 2010
Life back home sounds great. I’m so glad everything is going just peachy! I’m glad it's been decided no one will be getting married till I get home, just make sure you remember that. if you need to write it down and put it on the fridge, the mirrors, the front door, the table and everything else then so be it =)

Well it's true, I’ve moved out of my last area into a place in the upper part of Bangkok called Bankean. President Smith just called me to be a senior companion and a district leader, no pressure right! It’s great though I love it to death. My new companion -Elder Michel and I are just loving the work here. The ward is very small (maybe 30 people). We’ve got some great investigators we're teaching right now who are planning on getting baptized next month. I’ll admit, being the senior companion is a bit different then I’ve experienced before. I’m now the one in the lessons that speaks when no one knows what to say, it was always great before because if I ever got stuck before I would just turn to my companion and he would handle the situation or answer the question that I didn't understand. I really do love it though, my language ability is growing so much, and it's only going to get better. I don't know what it is about another language but it's one of the funnest things I’ve ever done. It’s incredible all the things a language can do and all the fun you can have. In Thai there are three level of speech. There is a royal level: God the king... there is the formal level: government officials, how you talk if you’re giving a talk and then the common language which is just your every day on the street language. It’s so fun because you can be talking about the same thing but depending on who you’re talking to you have to use one of three words. And sometimes of you use the wrong word...well...it's not appropriate =) but all in all life is great, in all reality it couldn't be better.

The big focus of the church right now in Thailand is preparing for a Temple. It’s something that is very important for the members. The closest temple is in Hong Kong and it takes a lot of time and money to get there. There has been a lot of training for the leaders of the church here and there is some great progression being made. President Smith wants me to build up this ward again, at one point there were lots of members that slowly disappeared. I can't wait to see the progression here.

Well I don't have a lot of time right now. I love you all so much. You’re the greatest
Tyrel

Ps. that's great about Rachel and Josh getting their mission calls. Tell them congrats for me

No comments:

Post a Comment