Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The rest of the story

I’ll tell you what I told Tara about the snake: the snake story ends like this: when we were both about two feet from each other I pulled one of those moves you see in the cartoons where they start running but don't move for a minute and then they speed off. As soon as I saw the snake (HUGE AND FAST) I put my feet on the ground and started running backwards while I was still on my bike. The snake probably was scared to death and decided against whatever he had planned. Needless to say he sped off as fast as he could move which was pretty dang fast! It didn't bite me or give me a hug =) if only you knew the animals in my back yard (insert evil chuckle here) but we won't talk about those =)

There is a very good chance this is my last week here in Korat. I’ll admit I don't want to go in the least but if I’m needed somewhere else I’m more than willing to go. The members here are so great. There is one guy named dam (meaning "black") who helps us teach a lot and has a way sweet family who are way active in the gospel. I want to go on and on about all the members but it would take forever to tell you all about them.

You won't even believe what I found this past week! Last week Elder Dearden had to go down to Bangkok to extend his visa. While we were down there another elder told us about a store that had strait up American food. We went there and I found some Teddy Grahams. I wanted to grab as many boxes as I could hold, sit on the ground in the corner and just cry with joy. It’s true the price was out of the roof and going without a couple meals might be the result but I got a box of chocolate ones, and boy are they delicious.

Addressing your question of coming home. I have two options on a date to go home. There’s the middle of June and the middle of May. The group I came in with are leaving at both times. The things I’m considering is finding work, possibly taking collage classes before fall semester. It’s something that doesn't need to be decided for a few more months and I really don't know yet what I should do. If you have any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

Right now we have two people who are really close to baptism, their names are Bom and Somneuk. They have both been coming to church for a while and are doing really well. This past week Bom said he wanted to be baptized on the 27th of this month. Somneuk is giving up smoking and drinking right now but it really shouldn't be too long for him either.
I love you all, keep it up.

Tyrel

PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ANOUT GETTING MARRIED BEFORE I GET HOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment