Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh No! I'm fat and the swine is every where.

I'm so glad to hear that you're all doing great! I hope you know I pary for you all every night, everyone individually.
About the rain we've had this week. I seriously didn't even know it rained this week, I am in classrooms from 7:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night so I don't get much time to "smell the roses", if you will.
Last week the most amazing thing happened, Elder David A. Bednar came and spoke to us here at the MTC. That man has such a spirit, I hot to be only a few feet away from him. One of the things he told us, which is good for everyone, "If your wondering if it's the spirit prompting you, or whether it's just you...don't worry about it, go to work...if you are being a good boy/girl the Lord will fill your mouth and he will guide your footsteps!" What a powerful experience.
It's crazy to think that in the short time I've been here I can testify and pray in Thai, and I mean I can go minute after minute sometimes. I know that someone upstairs is helping me. We've been learning to read Romanized Thai, so that we can now learn to read the actual script, it doesn't make sense to learn to read a language so you can learn a totally different one, but what do i know, right?
Well, about the swine flu! It's been kinda scary the last little bit. One of the Elders in our district who sleeps right next door to me and who I sat by everyday in class just got it and has been sent to quarantine for 5 days, another elder who sleeps on the other side of me just got it yesterday, and another elder that I play ball with every day in gym and who I sit by in class has also been taken. We have two other people in our class, one of which sleeps in my room who are being watched because they think they'll get it. Kinda scary Huh! But, no worries I have been called to go preach to the people of Thailand and the "Lord giveth no comandment unto the childrn of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he cammandeth them", which means...I'll be okay Mom!
The MTC is loosing it's savor in the sense that the food is nasty, I never have time to move around (unless I'm going to the bathroom), which means...I"M GOING TO GET FAT!!! NO NO NO NO! Actually, right after I got here I started loosing weight, so I started eating more and now I'm gaining. I'm sick of the food, gaining weight, and my back side isn't liking my chair anymore. I really can't say what I'll look like when I get back! I really do love the MTC, the spirit you feel here is something only comparable to the temple, my testimony has grown so much, I love the gospel, I know God lives and knows us individually, He has felt everything we have, down to the smallest hang nail.
Sorry, for the spelling on this email, I have 30 minutes to read all the emails and to write them so I don't have time to check for spelling, and the computer doesn't have spell check.
I love you all, I pray for you every night!
Elder Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment